Actiheart is a compact, chest-worn device that records heart rate.
Actiheart is a compact, chest-worn device that records heart rate, inter-beat-interval (IBI), and physical activity. Actiheart digitizes the ECG signal and determines the IBI from the R-to-R interval. Through the use of a software program, the user configures the device for data recording. At the time of configuration, the user may determine which combinations of IBI, Heart Rate, and Activity to record on board the monitor for later download. Following the recording session, the data are transferred to the computer for storage, viewing, and analysis. From the IBI recordings, the heart rate and heart rate variability parameters are calculated. Caloric expenditure can be obtained through the use of a software algorithm that combines concurrent heart rate and activity data. Actiheart is the new gold standard for measuring energy expenditure and has been validated against doubly labeled water.
In addition to the standard ECG electrode-mounting, the Actiheart can now be worn mounted on a chest belt. This provides a more familiar alternative during damp or sweaty activity, when the belt will maintain a reliable connection to the chest
- Sports Medicine and Exercise Science: Measurement of heart rate, activity, and energy expenditure.
- Obesity Research: Measurement of activity and energy expenditure.
- Stress Monitoring: Recording of heart rate and variability during sedentary periods.
- Epidemiology: Long-term recording of heart rate and energy expenditure in free-living environments.
- ECG signal processing for highly accurate and consistent heart rate data
- Activity accelerometer samples at 32 Hz
- 21-day recording time at 15-second epochs
- Clips onto two ECG electrodes worn on the chest
- Noninvasive technology
- Compact and lightweight, weighs less than 10 grams
- Splash-proof design
- Nonvolatile memory
- Ideal for use on various age groups