The SleepCube BiLevel S is a variation on traditional CPAP
The SleepCube BiLevel S is a variation on traditional CPAP. Instead of providing air at a constant pressure all night, the machine “senses” if you are breathing in or out and varies its level of pressure accordingly. On inspiration a higher pressure is needed to prevent apnoeas, hypopnoeas or snoring. On expiration a lower pressure is adopted to ensure patient comfort with less resistance. A BiLevel S is particularly useful for those patients requiring higher pressures.
BiLevel S is a variation on traditional CPAP. Instead of providing air at a constant pressure all night, the machine “senses” if you are breathing in (IPAP) or out (EPAP) and changes its level of pressure according to the prescription as determined by your sleep specialist. A BiLevel S is often seen as the “luxury” CPAP as it provides a lower pressure when exhaling, but a higher pressure when inhaling. It is considered a more comfortable option for the CPAP user, especially those requiring higher pressures. A CPAP provides a fixed pressure constantly all night long. An APAP automatically varies the pressure throughout the night to the fluctuating changes of the airway.
- Exclusive Flow-Rounding technology softens transitions from IPAP to EPAP pressure
- Soft start slowly increases to the prescribed pressure over a period of 10 seconds to improve acclimation
- LCD display shows actual pressure, leak rate and patient breathing parameters such as breath rate, I/E ratio, minute volume and tidal volume
- Ramp delay settings of 0 to 45 minutes in 5-minute increments
- Among the quietest BiLevel units on the market – only 26 dBA!
- Auto on/off automatically starts the flow of air after breathing into the mask and stops the flow of air when mask is removed
- SmartCode therapy tracking encodes usage data into a series of letters and numbers that can be easily decrypted using free software
- Ability to turn off large, backlit LCD screen
- Optional integrated heated humidification system easily docks into the bottom of the unit without requiring a separate hose or power cord
- Exceptionally small footprint fits easily into the home environment and carry-on luggage
Among the quietest BiLevel units on the market – only 26 dBA